Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Why don't I just put on my mom shorts and join the AARP

So I went shopping on Saturday. I was in Younkers, wandering through the Juniors section. I realized that everything looked too young for me. After all, I am a mature 34 years now and it seems kind of pathetic to be shopping with the teeny boppers and/or sorority sisters. The problem is, I'm so small and short that I have a hard time finding clothes that fit me properly outside the juniors section. So I walk over to the women's section and notice a clearance rack with some nice looking (and deeply discounted) clothes on it. I start pulling off some cute printed shirts, jackets, etc. to try on. I reflect on my current wardrobe at home, and it's mostly solid color clothes. Prints are "in" right now, so I keep pulling shirts off the rack to try on. Maybe the women's section will work for me after all! After collecting several items, I notice that some SENIOR CITIZEN WOMEN are also pulling clothes off the same rack to try on! And I'm not talking a hip, barely 60 woman. We're talking grey/blue haired women at least in their 70's, maybe older. AHHHH!

2 comments:

Mom said...

I'll ask Grandma Johnson if she has any hand-me-downs for you Rach!

Heidi said...

Lands'End Petites for basics (just got a really cute boatneck sweater, 3/4 sleeves that actually were), Ann Taylor Loft has good petites. OR you can go the Grandma Johnson route. Cardigans are in and she may have some.

How to help Australia

We've been following the news of our beloved Australia.  Some of you have asked whether the area we were in has been affected by th...