Friday, September 10, 2010

My sad son

We took an impromptu trip to visit Melanie, Lauren, and Meredith this morning. As we were pulling back into our driveway after the excursion. . .

Micah: "We home yet? We home yet?"
Me: "Yes, we are."
Micah: "It's sad when we come home."
Me: "Why are you sad?"
Micah: "I want to go back to Lauren's house."

Later in the day, as I was telling Ked about the above exchange. . .

Micah: "We go back to Lauren's house so I can be happy?"

1 comment:

Jillian Camwell said...

Funny! And interesting on their understanding of happy and sad at this stage! Harry quite often says (dramatically), "I'm sad. That makes Mommy sad! If I'm happy, that makes Mommy happy!" Me: "Do you want me to be happy or sad?" Harry: "I want Mommy to be sad!!" (I think he likes me sad face better--he thinks it's funny!)

How to help Australia

We've been following the news of our beloved Australia.  Some of you have asked whether the area we were in has been affected by th...