Tuesday, March 29, 2011

I Want to be a Phrase Coiner

I've created a new word, and I'm hoping it will catch on. So I need your help. Please use this word in every conversation you can.

PROCRASTINAP.

Definition: taking a nap as means of putting off doing something of more significance.

The only thing I can't decide is its part of speech; is it a noun or a verb?

Noun example: "Instead of tackling the 4 loads of clean laundry piled on the floor, I decided to take a procrastinap."

Verb example: "I have a test tomorrow, but I think I'll procrastinap now and study later."

What do you think?

9 comments:

Shadley said...

You know what's funny? I think my sister uses that word!

Linda F said...

I like it as either a noun or verb!

Kelsey B said...

Welcome to every college student's favorite activity ;)

Tara Rehmeier said...

I'm in. I'll start using it as often as I can!

Tracy said...

My students are now using this! I kid you not. I heard it twice yesterday and again in my noon class today. It is starting to spread on campus :)

Rachel Bardwell said...

Tracy - I told some of the students in my Bible study to start using it, and I know at least one of them has class with you. Glad to hear she's doing her part :)

Tracy said...

Yes, those students are in my Thursday class. Then yesterday one of my Jewish students was using it in the hallway so asked where he heard the word because I thought it was really interesting. He said he read it on facebook. Before you know it, it will be everywhere :) BTW, what does it say about my reputation that my inquiry about origen of words was met with no surprise at all?...

Linda F said...

Rachel - you need to get a patent on this word!!

Laura said...

It's a great word and can be used as both a noun and a verb.

How to help Australia

We've been following the news of our beloved Australia.  Some of you have asked whether the area we were in has been affected by th...