Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The End of an Era


The strangest thing happened today. We took Eli to get his 3 year pics taken, and the boys were so good, I asked them if they wanted to go to the mall playplace for a few minutes. On the way there, we passed the Easter Bunny display, which had a small train that kids could ride. The boys were very excited about it, so I gave them a choice:
A) Ride the train, or
B) Go to the playplace.

I explained that we didn't have time for both. In an unforseen surprise, they both chose the playplace over a train ride. Yes, you read that right. My train-obsessed boys TURNED DOWN a train ride.

As we continued our walk to the playplace, we passed a toy store. The Thomas displays, including a wooden train table, were right in the front of the store. They asked if they could go inside, so I gave them another choice:
A) Play with the train table, or
B) Go to the playplace.

Again, they both chose the playplace.

For 2 1/2 years now, Thomas has ruled our household. I think, though, his reign is ending.

2 comments:

Jillian Camwell said...

And how do YOU feel about this end of an era, Rachel?

Rachel Bardwell said...

It's surprisingly bittersweet for me. I'm sad that they're growing up (and out of Thomas), but thrilled that I'm not tripping on train tracks as much any more, so it's a trade-off.

How to help Australia

We've been following the news of our beloved Australia.  Some of you have asked whether the area we were in has been affected by th...