Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Then and. . . Now?

Our lilacs are in bloom, and I decided to take the boys' picture in front of them yesterday. That got me thinking about last year's picture in front of the lilacs, so I decided to compare.

Last year (actually 11 months ago):


And yesterday:


As you can see, the changes in our youngest son are quite remarkable, while the changes in our older son are. . . underwhelming. I find myself frequently thinking, "is this boy EVER going to grow? Where is the growth spurt the doctor has talked about for 4 years now?" I remember between his 1st and 3rd birthdays, he gained SIX pounds. Total. Now, at 4 1/2, he weighs a meager 32 lbs (while his brother is 30 lbs).

As I've been typing this, I decided to measure his height. I was surprised - he's grown an inch since January! So has his brother. Hopefully he can stay ahead of Eli . . at least for a few more years!!

No comments:

How to help Australia

We've been following the news of our beloved Australia.  Some of you have asked whether the area we were in has been affected by th...