The youngest Bardwell had his first day of formalized education today!! As I expected, Eli was pretty mellow about it. I walked he and Micah to school; he seemed neither excited nor scared about the day. Here's our big 3 year old in his first-ever 'first day of school' picture.
Eli did NOT want his pic taken in front of the school (much to his scrapbooking mom's dismay), but he went right in, hung up his backpack, found his seat, and then wanted me to leave. So I did!!
There were obviously very anxious parents there, dropping off their 3 year old babies for the first time; lingering by the door; finding a reason to go back inside; etc. How did I handle it? Let's see. . . at pick up time, one mom commented that she went home and cried for 45 minutes. I, on the other hand, went home and jumped up and down for 45 minutes!! After that, though. . . honestly. . . I realized that I was a little bit bored. This will be an adjustment for everyone. . .
1 comment:
Love it! Enjoy this new phase of your life - it's always fun to hear their stories of their day!
Post a Comment