Thursday, December 6, 2007
Well, that didn't go well.
I decided to let Micah "cry it out" today. We don't do this often but I knew he was really tired and figured now is as good a time as any. So he cries for several minutes (like more than 10); the cries increase in intensity until I hear a bunch of gurgling/gagging through the baby monitor. I run upstairs and Micah has spit up/vomited because he was crying so hard. This is not the first time he's done this. Any suggestions??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
How to help Australia
We've been following the news of our beloved Australia. Some of you have asked whether the area we were in has been affected by th...
-
In Adelaide, we typically spent Saturdays visiting someplace new: a beach, a parkland, etc. And with so much to do, we rarely did the same t...
-
All right ladies and gentlemen, it's time to wage your bets on when Baby Bardwell will make his/her arrival. To play, leave a comment w...
-
I want one of these and I'm not kidding. I don't know why my family keeps making fun of me. Obviously they don't know what it...
3 comments:
Kim recommends this book:
Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child
Marc Weissbluth
Check it.
Elly throws up with crying too...we just didn't do cry it out with her. I used to put her down and if she cried I would take her out and try laying her down again in 10-15 mins. After a week or so she started going to sleep on her own without crying. I'm not a huge cry it out fan anyway...we did it with Eden and it worked temporarily at best...any time we had a change in schedule (sickness, travel) we would have to re-train her and I really wasn't keen on all that crying, and my tension made Eden tense. Anyway, hope that helps...
Hey!
Crying it out isnt a top favorite at teh nursey I worked at. Their crying is like saying...something is NOT RIGHT whether emotionally, hnger etc. We would always wrap them REALLY REALLY right in theiry blanket. Swaddling. But tight...cant get too tight. Helps them feel safe. :) Hope it helps:) PS...social work is bringing me down. I think I need ot write a book on how to see the positive side of society!!!!!
Jenn
Post a Comment