Thursday, January 1, 2009

What's the deal?

Today I am wearing for the very first time, a pair of full-panel maternity jeans. I really resisted these during the first pregnancy for many reasons (being pregnant during the heat of summer, the fact that they're so weird looking, liking the demi-panel, etc).

Well - I bought a used pair and am SO glad that I didn't pay full price for this torture device (and they're Motherhood Maternity brand - not even a cheap brand). I have had them on for only a couple hours and don't think I'll make it through the day before taking them off. First off, it didn't help that my husband walked in to the bedroom while I was putting them on and kept making fun of how ridiculous they look. Second, they have this rope sticking out of the elastic waistband - what do I do with this? I cinched it up so the top of the panel was snug to my tummy and tied the rope thingy - is this the right way to wear them? And now I can't sit up straight or breathe. And I can forget bending over or sitting on the floor to play with Micah. They come up to my ribcage - in the back too. If I loosen the rope thing, they would slide down and fall off. Will this get better as my tummy gets bigger, or not? Seriously. How have women worn these for decades?

4 comments:

Tracy said...

I had something similar and I hated them. I ended up getting the secret tummy (something like that) from Motherhood. They have a nude band that goes up to the rib cage with no strange string. I do have to say that when I got bigger and didn't need the string, they got better but I still didn't like them. Good luck!

Laura said...

I think we need a picture. I can tell you already the pants are garbage. But I need a picture to confirm it. :)

Shadley said...

i actually liked the big tummy panel or at least the half panel of some of my Old Navy brand maternity jeans. The panel was made out of some slick stretchy material though which was a lot nicer than cottony panel material i had experienced with Motherhood. I hated how my maternity tops would stick to the panel. Maternity clothes have come so far even since I had Eden!

Melissa said...

I don't think they get better, in my opinion. I tried them later in my pregnancy and couldn't move! :) They're okay if you're standing straight up, but if you want to bend, forget it. =) Although maybe it was because the kind I tried on (from someone else) just didn't fit me right? I don't know. I had to go with the full belly new ones at motherhood maternity (the kind that were super super thin full belly, almost like nylons) I thought they were way comfy, although, slightly hot in the dead of summer, but not bad. :) Good luck...haha. :) Wish I could see ya!!

How to help Australia

We've been following the news of our beloved Australia.  Some of you have asked whether the area we were in has been affected by th...