Wednesday, April 1, 2009

It's a GIRL!!!


Surprise, surprise! Our little bundle arrived 3 weeks early today! Despite what we thought was a very clear boy ultrasound, SHE is a GIRL! Blythe Flora Pearl was born this morning at 4:25am, weighing a whopping 8 lbs 4 oz. I was in labor for 36 hours with no epidural, so thank God she finally arrived!


It's funny; after having a blond baby we never thought we'd have a baby with such dark hair and features. Also funny is that she looks exactly like her cousin Lauren did at birth. . .

18 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh my gosh!!!!!!!!! Congratulations! She is beautiful! Talk about surprise. I love the name, very cool. Can't wait to see more pictures!

emily said...

Oh my goodness!!! I kept reading it over and over again...expecting an "April Fools" !!! WHAT?! She is the cutest thing EVER!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE her hair!!! ;) Tell me she's hairy all over...I love it! I totally thought that she looked like Lauren too! adorable! Hope you are feeling well! Loveyou!

Rachel Bardwell said...

Um - Melissa and Em, I totally got you both! I am typing this from my home computer, still VERY much pregnant - and these are actually Lauren's baby pictures from 3 years ago.

I've never actually pulled off an April Fool's joke of any kind, so I am a little proud of myself. Hopefully you're not too mad at me :)

Dave Camwell said...

hahaha! Love it! And although there's nothing wrong with those names, not ones I'd imagine you'd use yourself!

Jillian Camwell said...

Oops, that was me commenting, not Dave. Didn't realize he was signed in. He thought it was funny too! And you totally had my mom, who called all excited that you'd had a girl!

Jillian Camwell said...

P.S. Is it bad that I think it would be funny if you actually went into labour today?? Sorry, hon! Talk about the girl who cried wolf!

P.P.S. Don't go into labour today. Give that boy more cooking time!

Tracy said...

I have to admit you almost had me :) Then I read what you wrote and I thought, "No way! This has got to be a prank!" Very good though :) Very good! I think you deserve a prize!

emily said...

I am SO mad at you! oh my gosh.
wow.
I seriously kept looking over the post over and over again thinking...no way. AND...that it looked like Lauren! AND...I didn't think those looked like your hands. (I definitely clicked on the picture to get a closer look at her!)
You are mean.
I absolutely hate April Fools day because I fall for stuff all the time. I hate it even more now! thanks.
But I do have to say that was stinkin' genius. I almost called my sisters and mom to let them know. AND...I want to delete my comment...but I won't...to continue to give you the satisfaction of completely fooling me!

Melissa said...

You booger!!!!! I totally called Joe and told him and he was like, "no way!!!!!" So you got us both. I should've figured with the "cousin Lauren" comment....you little stinkpot! You heard about the little boy who cried wolf, didn't you?????

Anonymous said...

I am with the others, I just called Abe and told him you had the baby. How funny. Good joke!

Katie Bakhit

Laura said...

I knew it. You turd.

(Future) Uncle Ryan said...

I must admit that when I saw this post a tear ran down my cheek. A tear of joy from a new uncle? No. A tear of sadness. Sadness that a mother, the mother of my new niece, is so addicted to blogging that she has already left the side of her new child to post after only a few hours of giving birth to such a precious gift. Praise the Lord that it’s April Fool’s Day. Praise the Lord.

Carrie Sterner said...

Oh for heaven's sake, surprise! How fun and look at how beautiful! congratulations. I hope you are feeling better. What a long labor. Enjoy the sweet smell of your sweet little one.

Anonymous said...

You are very funny - people need to read all the comments!!! You know, it COULD still be a girl. Medcal science it not 100% :) Love you - JBoats

Renee said...

not a chance! I'm with Ryan. No way would you be on a computer after 36 hours of labor with no epi. Nice try but we know you all too well!

Carrie Sterner said...

OK, I'm a sucker. I just didn't have time to read the comments before posting mine! You got me!

Heidi said...

I was so excited! But I checked the date and had my doubts. Lauren was really cute, though. And I like the names.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, I totally was going for it, but then I realized you typed it on April 1st! You're good!

How to help Australia

We've been following the news of our beloved Australia.  Some of you have asked whether the area we were in has been affected by th...