Thursday, June 18, 2009
What to do?
At what age do kids start having nightmares? Micah woke up from his nap today (after only an hour) screaming. Now, this in itself is not all that unusual, but something was definitely different today. He may throw a post-nap fit if his schedule is off, or if a visitor has left or arrived during his nap, etc. But today was a normal old day and his screams were way more intense than usual. He was so focused on screaming that initially he wouldn't even stand up so I could lift him out of the crib. Usually when he wakes up in a bad mood, he won't let me hold him but rather flails about. This time he sat in my lap and just screamed. I kept asking him to calm down; it seemed like he really was trying to calm down but just couldn't. This went on for at least 45 minutes. I called Ked and had him come home from work to help out. Is it possible Micah had a bad dream? Any ideas?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
How to help Australia
We've been following the news of our beloved Australia. Some of you have asked whether the area we were in has been affected by th...
-
In Adelaide, we typically spent Saturdays visiting someplace new: a beach, a parkland, etc. And with so much to do, we rarely did the same t...
-
All right ladies and gentlemen, it's time to wage your bets on when Baby Bardwell will make his/her arrival. To play, leave a comment w...
-
I want one of these and I'm not kidding. I don't know why my family keeps making fun of me. Obviously they don't know what it...
3 comments:
That is really odd Rach. I have never had one of my kids have a bad dream during naptime. Though they do start to have dreams around 2 years, or as soon as they start doing imaginative play. Maybe he was in pain? An ear ache or toothache? Got me stumped.
Sounds like 'night terrors'. I read about them in Weisbluth's 'Healthy Sleep, Happy Child.'
Poor little thing! That must be so scary. I'm curious what others' thoughts are on this.
Post a Comment