- Got to sleep in until 7:15. A rare treat!
- Got Micah up; he had soaked through his diaper.
- Notice we're out of Micah's overnight diapers.
- Start a shopping list for our trip to WalMart later today.
- Got Eli up; fed him.
- Ate breakfast.
- Cleaned kitchen while Ked showered.
- Set up Micah with his trains and Eli on the floor so I could shower.
- During shower, made a mental note of all the things I need to do today.
- Done showering; Ked off to work.
- Changed both boys out of their jammies.
- Gave constipated baby milk of mag.
- Put Eli down for nap.
- Built a cool train track for Micah.
- Sent 2 emails.
- Skimmed newspaper.
- Gave Micah a snack.
- Tried to teach Micah how to move the chair up to the counter so he could crawl up to get the phone while I nursed Eli.
- Realized that was a bad idea.
- Cleaned up spilled bottle of bubbles that Micah knocked over while he was trying to get the phone.
- Set Eli down to clean up gooey bubble mess; came back to notice Micah laying on top of him.
- Tried to nurse Eli again; interrupted by cat clawing at the screen door to be let in.
- Let the cat outside and inside 3 times each.
- Changed 6 diapers (3 were poopy).
- Lost shopping list I started earlier.
- Made lunch.
- Tricked/bribed toddler into eating said lunch.
- Fed constipated baby prunes.
- Watched with delight as Micah entertained Eli with a game of peekaboo while I cleaned up lunch.
- Made a mental list of things the boys could use for Christmas.
- Gave formerly constipated baby an emergency bath when prunes worked too well.
- Soaked dirty baby clothes in sink.
- Lamented as both boys are awake and screaming 1/2 hour past their naptimes.
- Noticed that the great train track I made had been torn apart all over the floor.
- Put dirty dishes in dishwasher.
- Put away clean dishes in sink.
- Took out trash.
- Put cat in laundry room so he doesn't puke on carpet.
- Silently cursed all those who have ever wondered what a stay at home mom does all day.
- Realized how much I really do love my life!
Update:
- Tried to publish this post.
- Got upset when computer crashed.
- Wrote down Xmas gift ideas while I waited for computer to reboot.
- Scarfed down pie.
- Heard Eli waking up after only 25 minutes.
- Retyped some of post with baby on lap.
- Hoping to publish post now. . .
3 comments:
Oh my goodness girl! I don't think anyone better mess with you today! It's a good thing no one reads the fine print before having children... In case you need to hear it today Rach, you're doing a great job as a Mom. One day your sons will tell you that too. (Meanwhile, you may have a writing career inside you too!)
i got tired just reading your post! happy stay-at-home mom day (which is every day)!
Hehe....this post made me laugh. Especially the "silently cursing" part. I am feeling like that a lot lately! Hehe.
Post a Comment