Saturday, March 27, 2010

Well, at least he's already on antibiotics

WARNING: This is a gross story. Read at your own risk.

Yesterday was a hectic morning at our house. Kedron left at 6:30am for a conference; I was trying to pack to go to my mom's for the weekend; we had a playdate that morning; I was talking on the phone to my sister who has the day off. We were supposed to be at our playdate in 20 minutes, and I still wasn't dressed. Micah was playing nicely with his trains in the living room, so I scooped up Eli and brought him into our bedroom while I got ready. Eli immediately got into the toiletry bag I'd packed for the boys and started chewing on Micah's toothbrush. I remembered I needed to sterilize his pacifier anyway, so I left him in the bedroom while I went in the kitchen to heat some water in the microwave.

After diligently placing the toothbrush and paci in the boiling water (how good of a parent am I for preventing the spread of germs??), I walk back into the bedroom (still chatting on the phone; I can multitask, right?) and don't see Eli anywhere! He's not behind the bed, not in the closet. . . . oh no. I look over and see that our bathroom door has been pushed shut. Oh No. I got up early this morning, used the bathroom, and didn't flush because I didn't want the sound to wake up light-sleeper Micah. OH NO. Let's just say there were a couple different "numbers" in the toilet if you know what I mean, and I don't think I even closed the lid. OH NO!!! I tear into the bathroom and find my youngest son gleefully pulling out wads of toilet paper from the toilet and throwing them on the floor.

Go ahead, feel free to laugh. My sister sure got a kick out of all this on the other end of the phone :)

5 comments:

Shadley said...

OH YEAH! This is the story that represents motherhood! Aren't you glad you worry about the germs on his paci!! hahahaha laughing all day from this...btw, Esias has more than once played in the toilet, so no judgement here!

Christy said...

The bigger question is.... did any of it go in his mouth??? Great story, by the way!

Cheri VDH said...

Oh believe me, I am laughing!! Thanks for sharing...I think...

Rachel Bardwell said...

Christy - I am 90% sure none of it got in his mouth. Neither his face nor his shirt had any water on them, so I THINK we're in the clear for that. . .

chuck said...

i am amused :)

How to help Australia

We've been following the news of our beloved Australia.  Some of you have asked whether the area we were in has been affected by th...