Wednesday, May 19, 2010

DC Rox

Last week, I tagged along on Kedron's May term trip to DC. It was nice to get away and (unless the Nanas are lying) the boys were very good for their grandparents. Here are a few random pic's from our trip (hmm, is it pic's or should I leave out the apostrophe?).

Honest Abe is honestly huge.

Tommy J. Or that's what the students called him.

The National Cathedral. I had never been here before. It is HUGE. And a weird mix of patriotism and spirituality.

Here are the Bardwells in front of where Kedron will work someday.
(not referring to the Canadian Embassy, by the way)

In the Capitol building. This is the inside of the dome.

A random ceiling inside the Capitol that I thought was cool looking.
We saw many noteworthy people during our trip: Shawn Johnson (in the DSM airport), Al Franken, Arlen Specter, Joe Lieberman, Garrison Keillor, Chuck Grassley (he tweeted about us??), and Kedron saw Rachael Ray. Random. Kedron could tell you many more Senators we saw, but they were all people I didn't know :)

5 comments:

Shadley said...

chuck grassley citing reminds me of the beautiful feet gig he was at and his wife said, "the band ruins this whole event" right in front of me.

Shadley said...

ok geez. siting. not citing, like citation, siting, as in you saw him!

Rachel Bardwell said...

wow, I have never heard that story before!! I should have brought it up :)

Jillian Camwell said...

Love the pics! :)

Renee said...

yes, omit the '. It should be used only in cases of posession (Rachel's) or contraction (it is = it's).

See you next Tuesday????????

How to help Australia

We've been following the news of our beloved Australia.  Some of you have asked whether the area we were in has been affected by th...