Friday, June 10, 2011

A really sucky day

We woke up to 2 inches of water in our basement today. It has been a long, depressing day. We've been able to salvage a lot of stuff, but there are also several things that are just ruined. I managed to get our wedding scrapbook out just as the water was skimming the bottom of it; some of my other scrapbooks were not so lucky.

We've been overwhelmed with help from friends and family today. And as I was checking my email, I clicked on the daily devotional that I get emailed to me. I think today's verse was just what I needed to hear.

So we do not look at what we can see right now, the troubles all around us, but we look forward to the joys in heaven which we have not yet seen. The troubles will soon be over, but the joys to come will last forever. - 2 Corinthians 4:18

No comments:

How to help Australia

We've been following the news of our beloved Australia.  Some of you have asked whether the area we were in has been affected by th...