Monday, August 29, 2011

Blast from the Past

My Mom is cleaning out our childhood items, and came across several old record albums. I do remember belonging to one of those record clubs, where you tape a penny to the postcard, send it in and get 8 for the price of 1, so I'm assuming I'm responsible for most of these:

Michael Jackson - Thriller
Flashdance
Tiffany
Amy Grant - Unguarded - still one of the best Christian records in my opinion
Hall & Oates
Cyndi Lauper
Whitney Houston
Chaka Khan
Stray Cats
Twisted Sister

That's right, Twisted Sister. Wow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just for the record, I purchased the Twisted Sister record from a thrift store when I was in high school. And I did have a record player in my bedroom to listen to it. Ryan

Rachel Bardwell said...

OK, that makes me feel better because I do NOT remember ordering that from my BMG music club.

So. . . was this purchase before or after your purchased Wilson Phillips and played it in your car stereo because "it has a good bass?"

Anonymous said...

Not sure which I had first. I do know that this Wilson Phillips was my SR year, but I think it was actually a friend's CD. And it did have good bass...and a good message.

And let me ask you this. Some day somebody's gonna make you want to
turn around and say goodbye.
Until then are you going to let them
Hold you down and make you cry? Don't you know? Don't you know?

Life lesson's by Wilson Phillips. Priceless.

Ryan

How to help Australia

We've been following the news of our beloved Australia.  Some of you have asked whether the area we were in has been affected by th...