Sunday, July 22, 2012

A sweet conversation after a bad day

At bedtime, with Micah:

Me:  Micah, you disobeyed a lot today.  We need you to be a better boy tomorrow.

(We went through several examples of how he disobeyed, because he seemed to have forgotten, but I'll spare you those.)

Me:  But you know what?  I love you, even when you disobey.  I love you all the time.
Micah:  Like God!
Me:  Yes, like God!  God loves you even when you disobey.  He doesn't like it when you disobey, but He still loves you.
Micah:  You're just like God!
Me:  I wish!  I'm not perfect like God at all.
Micah:  But you're perfect for loving me all the time.

What an honor it is to be a parent.

No comments:

How to help Australia

We've been following the news of our beloved Australia.  Some of you have asked whether the area we were in has been affected by th...