Here are some fun pics from the Iowa Straw Poll...where media were everywhere...and where the Heat Index was about 105 degrees all day long!

I bumped into CA Rep. Duncan Hunter ("is he STILL in the race?") in the parking lot...

And met Gov. Tommy Thompson, who looked exhausted (maybe it was the heat...or not!)

I met up with my sister, Keri, who made the trip all the way from Denver to volunteer...

And argued with Tancredo's campaign manager, Bay Buchanan, about health care/immigration.

Then Time Magazine's Joe Klein interviewed me for a story (we'll see if it gets quoted)...

But my favorite part was when my man "Huck" (Gov. Mike Huckabee) rocked the bass guitar. He performed with an Elvis impersonator...AND went on to take a surprise "2nd place" behind only Mitt Romney. Huck ran a supremely efficient campaign, and actually got more votes than the # of tickets sold...that means a lot of folks switched to Huck at the Straw Poll, or maybe rode to Ames at Romney and Brownback's expense, but then voted for Huck!

Well, it was an interesting time. I recommend going to the Straw Poll if you ever have the chance...it is a bit of Iowa Political Hoopla that you will never forget.
1 comment:
Kedron,
What an exciting time!! I truely enjoy the political process. Keep posting your findings. I will keep reading them.
Waiting for that phone call about Baby Bardwell.
Love to both of you (I mean all 3 of you).
Post a Comment