Friday, July 25, 2008

I'm 11 months old!


I'm not going to lie, folks. Even though I look adorable in this picture, I've been a real stinker this month. I've decided I don't want to drink formula any more. I'm also not keen on napping, either. I'd prefer to be awake and mauling Mommy and Daddy. I want to be picked up, and then all I do is squirm in their arms! Fortunately I am really good at smiling. All I have to do is giggle a little, and Mommy and Daddy instantly forget about what a stinker I can be!


I am getting better at standing by myself. I can walk, but only when Mommy holds onto my hands to help me. I am on the move! I love to crawl over to the bookshelf and pull all the books off the shelves. Mommy just loves that.


I like to point at things and say “dat,” which apparently is a multipurpose word that can mean Daddy, Mommy, kitty, look at that thing, etc. I went to my first parade this month and got to hang out with both Lauren and Kyler. I am a much better traveler than I used to be. I continue to sleep well at night and am starting to like my special teddy bear (the one that my cousin Kaleb picked out for me when I was born).


I now have 5 teeth and love to eat grown-up foods. My new favorite is cheese. I love it! I can feed myself small pieces of food, but much prefer to drop them on the floor to see where they land. In fact, I love to throw everything! I often throw my ball around and then chase after it. This keeps me entertained for hours!


In one month, I won’t be a baby any more. I’ll be a big one year old! Where has the time gone?


No comments:

How to help Australia

We've been following the news of our beloved Australia.  Some of you have asked whether the area we were in has been affected by th...