Wednesday, September 10, 2008

MAJOR Milestone

Micah had his first taste of pizza tonight. Of course, he loved it. What's not to like?? We're giving him table foods pretty much exclusively now and he is a really good eater - most days!

He also went to the doctor yesterday for his 12 month check up and shots. He really hates the doctor's office. He started screaming when I took off his clothes to be weighed and basically didn't stop until the shots were done (a loooong time later). Micah remains VERY small. He still has not broken 20 lbs and is BELOW the 10th percentile for weight (before anyone comments, "well Rachel, YOU'RE small" - he is much smaller than I was at this age. I worry about his weight. That's what Moms do, right?) . He is in the 45th percentile for height, and the 50th for head circumference, so at least his brain is normal sized!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We all worry about different things--Gabby (or "Babb-ee Mona" as she calls herself these days) is at 97% for height and 98% for weight. She's 41.? inches tall (comes up above my waist) and 42 pounds. I can barely lift her.

I guess my point is that they are both happy Auguest-born children in our family, so let's not worry too much. I feel pretty darn blessed to have both of them!

I love you all!

Anonymous said...

Rachel,

Lilly is also an August-born small child. At 12 months she only weighed 17 lbs and was in the 2nd percentile for weight and I, too, was worred. I think the fact is that the continuum for "normal" weight is so huge that unless a baby doesn't eat or exhibits some sort of obvious problem, he/she is probably just a petite little person!

He's sure handsome...

Katie Bakhit

Heidi said...

Just remember that most of those percentiles are based on white american formula fed infants, many of whom end up becoming adult diabetics!

-eric (heidi's husband)

How to help Australia

We've been following the news of our beloved Australia.  Some of you have asked whether the area we were in has been affected by th...