Friday, January 9, 2009

Being Pregnant in Summer is Better Because. . .

1. Light weight summer maternity clothes make you look smaller than bulky winter clothes do.
2. You don't have to bend over to slip your bare feet into sandals.
3. Short sleeved maternity tops are generally cuter and cost less than winter maternity sweaters.
4. You don't have to try to zip up a winter coat over your growing belly.
5. Your expanding skin isn't all scaly and itchy from the dry winter air.
6. You are less worried about catching the flu.
7. You don't worry about losing your already-bad balance on a patch of ice outside.

Anyway, here I am in my 24 weeks of pregnant splendor.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh Rachel, you are so stinkin' adorable, even that far along. What is up with that. ;)

Melissa said...

By the way, I loved the list- those were all the things I hated about being pregnant through the winter... I was so thankful when I could wear sandals!! (and I just barely made it not to have to buy a coat, b/c my coats were not working!!)

Samantha Behensky said...

You are adorable. I agree with Melissa completely. On the first comment...having never been "showy" pregnant in winter...

How to help Australia

We've been following the news of our beloved Australia.  Some of you have asked whether the area we were in has been affected by th...