Saturday, November 21, 2009

One thing I love about my eldest son

He is OBSERVANT.


Micah and I had a wonderful time last night at Indianola's winter holiday event on the square. We looked at window displays, bounced in the bounce house, and saw a life-sized gingerbread man. We then watched a lighted Christmas parade! And he noticed and commented on EVERYTHING we saw. He picked out the different colored flashing lights on the police car. He didn't just see the manhole cover; he saw: "Circle!!" He didn't see just a float; he saw: "Tractor! Red! Snowman! People! Pretty Lights!" Translation: a red tractor covered in lights pulling a wagon with an inflatable snowman and some kids. He even noticed the letter "A" in the sawhorse roadblock frames at the end of the street.

Micah is just always so aware of everything that's going on around him. This is what makes him sensitive and sometimes overwhelmed, but it can be such a strength of his too.

3 comments:

Shadley said...

Nice paintings in the background :) I'm observant too!

Tara Rehmeier said...

I'm so glad you guys stuck around for the parade! It was fun seeing you there :)

Rachel's Mom said...

Shadley - I like your paintings too!

How to help Australia

We've been following the news of our beloved Australia.  Some of you have asked whether the area we were in has been affected by th...