Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
How to help Australia
We've been following the news of our beloved Australia. Some of you have asked whether the area we were in has been affected by th...
-
In Adelaide, we typically spent Saturdays visiting someplace new: a beach, a parkland, etc. And with so much to do, we rarely did the same t...
-
All right ladies and gentlemen, it's time to wage your bets on when Baby Bardwell will make his/her arrival. To play, leave a comment w...
-
I will be sending out an email soon, but thought our blog buddies should be some of the first to know. . . Baby Bardwell #2 will be arriving...
10 comments:
So. . . I knew ahead of time that Roxanne was the bachelorette in question (thanks, MSNBC entertainment page!). However, I heard before watching the show that the REAL reason she is off the show is not due to this inappropriate relationship with a crew member. According to what I heard, she has a 7 year old child, and the father of the child wouldn't sign a release for the child to appear on the show. So the producers chose to make a big deal about this "relationship" to get her off the show so they wouldn't have to deal with the child/release issue. The reporter said that Roxanne never kissed or did anything further with this supposed producer of the show; that there was just some flirting going on.
After watching the episode, however, I am not sure I buy this release issue story. Call me naive, but it seemed like she really did do something she wasn't supposed to with a crew member. What do you think?
Sorry - her name is Rozlyn, not Roxanne. My bad.
I also heard the same story you did, Rachel. I think it's still too early to tell if the relationship with a staffer was truly inappropriate or not and/or what truly caused her to be asked to leave. My guess is that during the "Tell All" and following we'll get the true story--from her. Last night on the show when she was confronted by Chris, she seemed to be reluctant to either confirm or deny the relationship, which I found interesting. She certainly did not adamently deny anything which I would think one would do if they truly did not engage in anything more than flirting. Certainly adds to the drama of the show though, huh? On a separate note, Jake is hot. Nothing short of that. Abe thinks he's a total cheeseball. It's really interesting to watch the show with your spouse. Is that dysfunction?! :)
Katie
Kedron watches the show with me. I think Jake is totally hot (intelligent, goody-two shoes guys are SO my type :) but I don't feel guilty about that since Ked thinks Elizabeth (hot nanny from Nebraska) is hot too. Although she is a little manipulative, I think!
ok i admit it. i caved and watched it. i think she totally did do something or she would have denied it, like the above said. but my confusion was at the other girls' reaction to the news- they were all looking guilty and crying- was there some big party pre-taping where lots of people got carried away or something? i could not figure out why they were so upset and also why Roslyn said something about the other girls past relationships-
I think I heard someone else talking about the kid and the dad who wouldn't sign a release. I also was really confused by the other girls crying!
I promised myself that I wouldn't get sucked in to watching this season, but after all the early drama, I might have to start TIVOing it. Such a bad influence, Rachel!! (but I'll be back with my comments next week) :)
OK, I'm not defending Rozlyn AT ALL, but my initial reaction was that she should have stood up for herself and said something like, "why not let Jake decide if he wants to forgive me and move on?" Because she just caved, packed up and left (weird there was no exit interview?), there must have been something more to the story than just inappropriate behavior with a staffer, no matter what she did.
Of course, then I would have been furious with Jake had he decided to let her stay!!
Ok, so I just watched week 2 last night. Yes, Mark watched with me, but only because "there was nothing else on". What is with the girls throwing themselves at Jake? I can't say I'm sad to see Rozlyn go, and I like Ally. I, too, was wondering what was up with the girls all crying after Rozlyn left. I think they would have been happy. Need to go watch week 3 now.
Post a Comment