Friday, April 16, 2010

Happy Birthday Eli!


Yesterday, our little Joy Baby turned 1! Here he is on the day he was born.


Here he is as of yesterday :)


We won't be having his party until next weekend, but we went to the park today and celebrated on the swings. We also sang to him in the evening and instead of birthday cake, Eli enjoyed some yummy pumpkin bread.

Hopefully this isn't TMI, but most of you probably don't know that I found out over the phone that I was pregnant with Eli. I had some bloodwork done and was quite surprised when the nurse called me with the results! We were planning to start trying for another baby soon, but I guess Eli didn't want to wait :) Eli has been the biggest, most wonderful surprise of our lives. We are so grateful for his first year of life and excited about all the years to come.

3 comments:

Yvonne said...

Happy B-day Pumpkin. I know it was yesterday but hope you had a wonderful day with this little bundle of joy. I'm sad we won't be able to make it, but hopefully for his 2nd. Have a great weekend!

Yvonne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jillian Camwell said...

Oh, happy birthday, sweetheart!! I can't believe it's been a year.

And wow, does he ever look different as a newborn! I'd completely forgotten!

How to help Australia

We've been following the news of our beloved Australia.  Some of you have asked whether the area we were in has been affected by th...