So we're in the exam room waiting for the doc, and Micah has been asking me for his animal crackers. I told him he could have them if he was a good boy, and so far he'd actually been very good. So I pull the container out of the bag and begin to lecture my 2.5 year old that, if he is clumsy and drops them on the floor, he won't be able to eat them. I reiterated this as Micah listens, waiting patiently in his chair.
Well, no sooner had I finished my lecture when Eli decides to take a headfirst dive over the side of the stroller, where I had briefly set him. So in my effort to catch him (I did), I proceeded to spill ALL of the prized animal crackers all over the floor. Great. Just great.
Micah just waited patiently for me to clean them up (ie wrestle them away from Eli) and deposit them in the trash. Luckily as an afterthought, I'd packed a small bag of goldfish crackers for Eli in case we had a really long wait. So Micah had to settle for those.
On a side note, we had a weird substitute nurse today. After she gave Eli his shots, she refused to put band aids on his bleeding legs because, her "biggest fear is that he'll pull them off in the car and put them in his mouth, but I guess he will have long pants over them." So she just gave me a tissue and walked out of the room. She didn't even say goodbye so it took me a while to realize that our visit was over and she wasn't coming back. So I'm left with a bleeding 1 year old, hungry 2 year old, and diaper bag contents all over the floor, as I rummage through the cabinets to find band aids myself. :)
1 comment:
I'm totally laughing right now. Oh the pain of the Dr.'s office. I can't believe she wouldn't give you a bandaid. I would have rummaged, too. I'm glad other people have a hard time too. Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment