It's no secret that I'm not good at remembering special occasions. If you're reading this, chances are about 20-30% that I've ever sent you a birthday card. And anniversaries? We barely celebrate our own. Despite this, I was quite proud of what I had planned for Father's Day this year. It involved sending Kedron to Walmart a few days ago, so Micah and I could work on a surprise list of things that he loves about Daddy. We wrote them down on separate papers, and Micah colored each of them.
Then, this morning, when Ked was in the shower, we hid them around the living room. Then Ked got to hunt for them, Easter Egg hunt style. Fun was had by all.
All things considered, I thought this Father's Day event was a success. It's too bad that when we got to church today and I wished some other man a happy Father's Day, only THEN did I find out that Father's Day isn't until next Sunday.
Fantastic.
5 comments:
You are just WAY ahead of the rest of us!!!
hahahahaha! You mean Kedron let you do all of that and never said anything? Hilarious!
Did HE know it wasn't Father's Day? Funny! I am kind of hoping for that as a birthday for #2, so I was well aware! I already got and gave Chuck his gift, though...a chainsaw :)
Kedron is even worse with holidays and dates than I am, so he didn't know either. . . or so he says :)
This has got to be one of my favorite posts of yours. HILARIOUS!!!!
Post a Comment