Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The Sweet, Sweet Sound of a Flushing Toilet

A wonderful "first" occurred in our home today. I was making lunch for the boys when I heard the toilet flush. Normally this is not one of my favorite sounds, but today, it was accompanied by Micah emerging from the bathroom and informing me that he just went potty all by himself. With no help. At all. He did it all on his own. O, Happy Day!!

Now, I'm choosing not to dwell on the fact that he also tried to go unassisted TWICE during his naptime, when he was supposed to be sleeping. Apparently I made such a big deal of it the first time that he wanted to impress me again. I'll excuse the fact that he didn't take a nap at all today because of his 2 potty breaks. Nope, we'll just focus on the positive. Yea, Micah!


1 comment:

Shadley said...

That's right, focus on the positive mom! Way to go Micah!

How to help Australia

We've been following the news of our beloved Australia.  Some of you have asked whether the area we were in has been affected by th...