Here is our apartment:
We'll try to do a 'video tour' of the inside at some point, but we're not quite ready for that! The apartment is larger than we thought it would be. We have 3 bedrooms and 2 baths upstairs, and the living room, kitchen/dining room (which is so big we're also using it as an office), and half bath are on the 1st floor. We also have 2 private outside areas, but no lawn furniture, so that makes them not quite as useable as they could be.
We are a fairly close bus ride to Rundle Mall, which is the central hub of Adelaide. There is a lot of shopping, restaurants, etc. We've been there twice in the past two days collecting groceries and housewares.
One of the main landmarks of Rundle Mall are the "Mall's Balls" (official name is 'The Spheres' apparently, but it sounds like no one actually calls it that when you can call it Malls Balls!), seen here:
Adelaide is preparing for Umbrella Winter City Sounds, which (I believe) is a series of outdoor concerts. I'm assuming this is why the Adelaide Arcade in Rundle Mall was decorated this way.
I'd already been thinking of my good friend Tara, who was in Adelaide 4 years ago with her family, and then we saw this. . .
We found a nearby park this afternoon ("in the arvo" as they would say here) which gave the boys an opportunity to burn off some energy! We're staying awake a little bit later every day, and the time change has not been as terrible as I thought. Now if we can just stop waking up at 4am. . .


1 comment:
Great to follow your adventures. I have cousin in Adelaide so we have visited twice - beautiful city with beaches too. What a great place for Kedron to work in for a few months. Look forward to reading your experiences.
Post a Comment