Sunday, February 24, 2008

S'Wonderful

The most amazing thing happened yesterday. It was naptime (Micah's, not Mommy's). I rocked Micah as usual, until he was basically asleep but not quite, and put him down in the crib. And as usual, he promptly became wide awake, pushed up on his hands and looked around. This is usually followed by fusses, cries, wails, etc, which make me have to pick him up and bounce him before he spirals completely out of control and misses the nap altogether. However, yesterday, he simply laid his head back down, closed his eyes, and went to sleep immediately without a peep! This has never, ever happened before. I wasn't sure what to do this time, so I did a little victory dance outside his room :) Ked and I have tried many methods with Micah to produce this napping result (let cry, don't let cry, rocking, sound machine, etc). It's a good reminder for me that regardless of what I try, Micah will become a good napper on HIS schedule, not mine!

No comments:

How to help Australia

We've been following the news of our beloved Australia.  Some of you have asked whether the area we were in has been affected by th...