Saturday, July 19, 2008

Mom Shorts

It's a sad day for me. I still have not lost all my pregnancy weight, and my body is nowhere near the same shape that it used to be. I have only 3 knit shorts that fit without a "muffin top" situation. I finally admitted to myself today that I probably will never fit into several of my pre-pregnancy tight shorts. So, I went to Target to buy some new cute shorts that actually fit me properly. But much to my dismay, all those cute shorts in the juniors section just don't fit any more. So. . . I had to buy a pair of Mom Shorts. You know, the type that you'd never see high school girls or even college sorority girls in. The kind of shorts that no one but a dutiful, sensible mother has EVER owned. My friend Shadley is getting her nose pierced; I'm buying Mom Shorts. What a sad milestone.

Farewell, Mossimo. Hello, Cherokee.

7 comments:

Shadley said...

Rachel, you had me at Cherokee!! I myself have gone to Mom Shorts, that is if I wear shorts at all. I definitely know what you mean. I still think we should have the luxury of all elastic waist pants, not just for toddlers anymore!!!

andy said...

rachel- i laughed when i read your post- i do have to say that you can get back into those jeans or shorts.. it just might take a few more months... sad i know- i weighed 100lbs more with the twins.. ha :) and i'm back to where i was before. but now i'm pregnant again! oh man! but yes you can do it! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Rach,
You are so fat - because you probably weigh a whole 2 pounds more than pre-Micah. (Readers, I can say that, I'm her Mom!) YOU STILL LOOK GREAT! You're probably the only one who knows you can't fit into those shorts! But what a tradeoff. Micah... pre-pregnancy tight shorts... Micah... pre-pregnancy tight shorts...

Anonymous said...

Just please please please tell me your Mom shorts don't have any elastic on the waistband!

Rachel Bardwell said...

That's a negative on the elastic waistband. A woman has to maintain some level of dignity.

Amanda said...

Oh Rachel, You make me laugh! It's funny, I can hear your voice when I read that! I feel your pain! Just to let you know after I had Luke it took me a YEAR to get within 5 pound of my prepreg weight. I never did get there cause I got preg again! Now I've got 20 (in my dreams) or so to drop. So according to my estimates it will take me at least 5 years to get there, figuring I dont get preg again :)

I'm sure you've seen this. But you have to watch it again. You'll appreciate it more now!

http://www.funnyhub.com/videos/pages/mom-jeans.html

Melissa said...

Oh my gosh, so stinkin' hilarious. I LOVE IT!! I have to show the mom pants video to Joe, he will die laughing.

Love you guys,
Joe and Miss (and Jack)

How to help Australia

We've been following the news of our beloved Australia.  Some of you have asked whether the area we were in has been affected by th...