Sunday, September 28, 2008

I am still not used to this

Disclaimer: This post contains some questionable anatomical language. Read at your own risk :)


Apparently when you have a kid, that gives ANY parent or grandparent, acquaintance or complete stranger, the right to approach you and tell you ANYTHING they want about their child or grandchild. And you are supposed to care, even when you don't know their kid and will never see this person again. Grandparents, you are usually the bigger offenders. Today Micah and I were in WalMart, and a stranger grandma approaches us. The conversation:

Stranger Grandma: (to Micah) "How old are you?"

Me (politely smiling): "He's 13 months."

Stranger Grandma: "My grandson is 5. He comes up to here on me (she holds her hand up to her chest area). I was talking with my relative in Tampa this morning and he asked how tall my grandson is, and I didn't think I should say that he was 'titty level' high."

Me: (in my head; not out loud) "Umm. . . . so why are you feeling compelled to tell me? Micah, let's get the heck out of here."

3 comments:

Laura said...

ummm.....awkward. Hilarious. But awkward.

Anonymous said...

Does this mean I can't tell a complete stranger about my grandson who comes up to the mole on my leg and can dance like his Uncle Flappyarms and is the cutest and smartest little Bardwell I know???

Anonymous said...

"Uncle Flappyarms?!!" I don't think I have met him.....

How to help Australia

We've been following the news of our beloved Australia.  Some of you have asked whether the area we were in has been affected by th...