I've already read the online info about when to keep your child home from daycare, school, etc. Now I'm looking for some real parent advice! What rules do you have about keeping your kids home when they're sick? What symptoms are OK to have and what are not? At first we kept Micah in the house when he had a mere runny nose; now we're realizing that's not entirely necessary :) I realize that everyone has a different opinion, and I'm looking for yours!!
(No, Micah doesn't go to "daycare" but does go a few places regularly that are similar.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
How to help Australia
We've been following the news of our beloved Australia. Some of you have asked whether the area we were in has been affected by th...
-
In Adelaide, we typically spent Saturdays visiting someplace new: a beach, a parkland, etc. And with so much to do, we rarely did the same t...
-
All right ladies and gentlemen, it's time to wage your bets on when Baby Bardwell will make his/her arrival. To play, leave a comment w...
-
I will be sending out an email soon, but thought our blog buddies should be some of the first to know. . . Baby Bardwell #2 will be arriving...
3 comments:
Here are my rules:
Fever, Diarrhea or vomiting within 24 hours- no nursery, daycare, etc.
Diagnosed with something contagious (strep, influenza, etc.) keep them home til they are feeling better or have been on antibiotics for 24hr (when it applies)
Colds/allergies- fine as long as they are not total snot machines and i have ruled out flu or other more serious things.
Ear infection/teething- if they feel ok, go for it, but for the love, don't subject poor nursery workers to your cranky sick child if they really are feeling hideous!!
there. those are my rules :)
I have the same rules. Generally they are the same rules that any daycare or nursery has. :)
Tracy
The only thing I would add is that running noses usually dont stop me if they are running clear. But if they're green and gross. I try to keep them away.
Post a Comment