We are not any closer to deciding on a name for Baby #2. Ked and I are kind of deadlocked. We each have a personal favorite name, but unfortunately neither of us likes the other's favorite name. I've had a few people tell me, "just wait until the baby's born and see what he looks like." Umm - have you ever SEEN a newborn? If we do that, our son could easily be named "Lizardface" or "Conehead" or, if he's lucky, "Generic Blonde Baby Bardwell." No thanks. This name thing needs to be decided before we get to the hospital.
My fear is that Kedron and I will end up settling on a name that neither of us loves, but that we don't hate either. AAAHHH!
Monday, February 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
How to help Australia
We've been following the news of our beloved Australia. Some of you have asked whether the area we were in has been affected by th...
-
In Adelaide, we typically spent Saturdays visiting someplace new: a beach, a parkland, etc. And with so much to do, we rarely did the same t...
-
All right ladies and gentlemen, it's time to wage your bets on when Baby Bardwell will make his/her arrival. To play, leave a comment w...
-
I will be sending out an email soon, but thought our blog buddies should be some of the first to know. . . Baby Bardwell #2 will be arriving...
6 comments:
I understand completely! Good luck! I hope you find a name that you both LOVE :)
When I went into labor with Riley Dan and I were in the same situation. We had two names and neither one of us was budging. But after hours of labor, it was a clear choice. Mom got to choose. :)
put both names in a hat and draw? :-)
Maybe the perfect name that is totally your baby will hit both of you....hopefully before he's born rather than like 5 years old. :) At first I didn't like the name Jack, but Joe loved it.....he just kept calling him Jack until it seemed normal. That's how he won. :) Then I couldn't imagine him anything but Jack. So maybe try that with Kedron. Just start calling the baby the name you like. Haha! It will be like saying goodbye to a dear little friend if you don't pick that name!! Ha!
I feel for you. Mark and I had the same problem, only we didn't dislike each other's names. We just had our favorite's. In the end mom won!
We went through something like that with Kiara. We had our list, but just couldn't make any final decision. When she was born, though, Kiara just seemed to fit. I don't know how to describe it, but that just felt right after we got a chance to see her.
Post a Comment