Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Bachelor Discussion: Week 7

Thank God for TiVO. There was no way that episode needed to be 2 whole hours.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh I agree! And after last night's episode, I'm more convinced than ever that Jake is most interested in finding a wife whose ENTIRE life revolves around him (ie Vienna) and who may be void of any capability of thinking intelligently or on her own--sorry I'm really turned off by Vienna and the fact that he seems to be more and more interested in her greatly changes my perspective of him. I'm interested in hearing from anyone who has a more positive impression of Vienna. Am I missing something??

Katie

Anonymous said...

Rach, I watched 2 wks ago b/c of San Fran being on and this wk cuz of St Lucia.

Really really like Tenly! So positive and upbeat and seems great for him. yeah, didn't like the other 2.

seems they always get down to 2 and then they pick the wrong one!

argh!

Rachel Bardwell said...

This seems to happen every season. The Bachelor (or ette) says they are looking for a spouse and are ready to settle down with a marriage-minded grown up. But then they get on the show and decide to sow their wild oats with some crazy free spirit who is not at all right for them, but brings out a different energy in themselves that they've never experienced before. So they get wrapped up in that, and think maybe they need something different in their life than they originally thought when they started the show; thus the crazy person keeps getting roses.

It also seems like the relationship never lasts when the bachelor/ette picks the free spirit in the end, so we'll see how it all plays out.

On a different note, I'm glad he didn't let Ali return. If he did, the show would be reinforcing the precedent that anyone can leave because of "work" and return on a whim. Not fair to those who actually stay the course!!

Cheri VDH said...

You're totally right Rachel - that is what happens!! And what it seems to be leading toward with him keeping Vienna every week. UGH. I was glad he didn't let Ali come back too.

How to help Australia

We've been following the news of our beloved Australia.  Some of you have asked whether the area we were in has been affected by th...