I have not blogged at all about this yet, so for those of you not related to us or local, let me fill you in: On Thanksgiving Day, Eli had some kind of mysterious incident that no one quite saw, but he was suddenly sprawled out on the floor screaming and refusing to stand on his right leg. He didn't walk at all for 3-4 days on it. Even after he started walking, he's had a persistent limp and has not been the carefree, happy child he normally is. We can tell he's been in quite a bit of pain.
We'd taken him to the doc shortly after this incident, where they did 3 rounds of xrays, all of which came back negative. Good news, but bad in the sense that it didn't give us any answers to what was wrong with him. His limp (and bad mood/apparent pain) persisted, so I took him back to the doctor on Tuesday. We were referred on to a pediatric orthopedist, whom we saw today.
It turns out that he likely DID break his leg! The doctor said it is about half healed, and didn't think putting a cast on it for the next week and a half would be necessary. So we are certainly glad to have an answer to Eli's issue, but I feel terrible that he's been hobbling around on a broken tibia for the last 2 weeks!



As you can see from these pictures, he's clearly agonizing in pain. I guess that's a little consolation for this Mommy!
No comments:
Post a Comment