Thursday, August 30, 2007

Dumb New Mom Moment #1

We got home from the hospital Monday night. For some reason I decided that night, that it would be a good idea to weigh myself to see how much weight I've lost already. I know, apparently I went brain dead for a moment. Despite giving birth to a 7 1/2 pound baby, plus placenta, fluid, etc, I had lost ONLY SEVEN POUNDS.

For my pregnant friends out there, please DON'T attempt this at home. Box up your scale indefinitely!

3 comments:

Shadley said...

Rach-
Don't worry sista! The IV pumps you full of fluid! I weighed the same after having Elly and she was 7'5." I knew one lady that gave birth to a 10 lb baby and weighed 5lbs more after she delivered!! Ug!

Jillian Camwell said...

Only "Dumb New Mom Moment #1"? I think that in itself is cause for congratulations!

:)

Meghan said...

Congrats on the baby...he is precious! Isn't it awesome to experience it all and be a mom? I'm so excited for the two of you!

How to help Australia

We've been following the news of our beloved Australia.  Some of you have asked whether the area we were in has been affected by th...