All right moms, I'm needing some help deciding how quickly to send out birth announcements. I know I should probably do it right away. However, Micah's appearance changes so often that I am tempted to wait a while to send them out. Kedron and I joke that, right now, Micah looks like "Generic Baby" and not like either one of us. Perhaps if I waited a month, he will look more like his own person and less like all other blonde babies :) What do you think? How quickly did you all send out birth announcements?
Also, we are leaning towards sending many announcements via email; to cut down on paper and postage. Not to mention it will save me some time!! Is this tacky?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
How to help Australia
We've been following the news of our beloved Australia. Some of you have asked whether the area we were in has been affected by th...
-
In Adelaide, we typically spent Saturdays visiting someplace new: a beach, a parkland, etc. And with so much to do, we rarely did the same t...
-
All right ladies and gentlemen, it's time to wage your bets on when Baby Bardwell will make his/her arrival. To play, leave a comment w...
-
I want one of these and I'm not kidding. I don't know why my family keeps making fun of me. Obviously they don't know what it...
6 comments:
I don't think the email announcement is tacky. The only birth announcements I've kept have been on email; I was able to save the photos to our computer, and I even have a little baby folder. The hard copies...they tend to go missing. Save the hard copies for family members and those whom you think would be offended by an e-announcement. (Not me--although I'd love to see a paper announcement--you can just show me someone else's if you want!)
Rachel-
I think you'd be fine either way, especially if you do like Jillian said and make sure you send more formal announcements to people who would appreciate that (you know, the snail mail set). Meghan Moreno, I think, waited and sent out cute pics of Guillo when he was like a month old, if I remember correctly. I enjoy seeing their "actual" look, instead of the squishy face that all babies seem to have. That being said, I would make sure that everyone knows about the birth now, since that was the original intent of the announcement! But with modern advances such as computers and cell phones, I am sure that has already been take care of.
Whatever you choose, I am sure it will be cute!
Good Luck!
Rach-
I would put your blog on ALL of the announcments (snail and e-mail)
So everyone can see all of the up-dated pics as he grows. (Just a thought.)
VERY glad to hear he's working on growing his chum-chums, as we call the chubby baby legs (referring to the other entry)! I believe they usually appear around week 6.
I agree with Rosie. I want to see EVERYTHING!!! It makes it easier to be so far away. However, you could come down here and I would be happy to help with the little love while you work on your tan by the pool or just sleep for 23 hours a day. Just a thought. The door is open and we have ALL the baby things......
Hey, can I get in on that offer, Renee?? Hmmm...or maybe you have to be family?
I had mine filled out and ready to go(other than the names) before my two were even born. So I guess I would say... the sooner the better.
Post a Comment