For those who don't know already, Micah is quite the fussy baby (although I like to think of him more as "passionate"). His fussiness began about 3 weeks after his birth with him crying/fussing several hours a day, due to obvious gas pains. It has gotten markedly worse in the past week. I cut milk out of my diet, thinking it might be a milk intolerance, but we've seen no improvement overall in his gassiness or crying. We finally decided to take him to the doctor to discuss colic and rule out any medical reasons for his fussiness.
Guess what?? Not only does he have colic, but also his first ear infection! Good times!!
(on a good note, he is gaining weight quickly; he now weighs 10 lbs 4 oz!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
How to help Australia
We've been following the news of our beloved Australia. Some of you have asked whether the area we were in has been affected by th...
-
In Adelaide, we typically spent Saturdays visiting someplace new: a beach, a parkland, etc. And with so much to do, we rarely did the same t...
-
All right ladies and gentlemen, it's time to wage your bets on when Baby Bardwell will make his/her arrival. To play, leave a comment w...
-
I want one of these and I'm not kidding. I don't know why my family keeps making fun of me. Obviously they don't know what it...
3 comments:
Abe had colic, but had payback when Lilly did too. The good thing is it goes away after several months.
Did she say SEVERAL months???? wow!! Rach, I'm glad you were able to experience hime sleeping through the night before this all happened. Now you know it can be done and hopefully he'll go right back to it. :)
Best and Sleeping Wishes,
Jenn
Hi Rachel,
Know that Abe and I are thinking of you and can relate completely. Lilly's colic was so bad that for nearly two months, my Dad would come over right after work to hold Lilly (her fussy time was from 6 PM-midnight)so that Abe and I had just a few minutes to eat before going back to rocking, pacing, and doing the holding that Lilly needed/demanded!!
Although this seems unlikely at this point, you will hardly remember these days once they pass. Thinking of you!!
Love, Katie and Abe
Post a Comment