Tuesday, April 15, 2008

What's your favorite modern baby convenience?

What's that baby item that our moms didn't get to use with us, that you couldn't live without? I've thought a lot about this lately. I'm sure my cloth diapering friends will cringe at this, but I have to say disposable diapers are the best. I really admire people who use cloth diapers but I just couldn't do it myself. I would be a really stressed out, grossed out mommy if I had to wash Micah's diapers. I got poop underneath my fingernails today and seriously almost vomited. I had to wash my hands 3 times afterwards!

So. . . what's your favorite baby convenience item?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hands down - ITZBEEN!!!
Dr. Dave

Carrie Sterner said...

An absolute must in my opinion is the Bissel Little Green. It is one of those small portable carpet, mattress, couch, van cleaners that will eradicate most child mishaps without a trace leaving any substance smelling clean and fresh. Germ freaks will love this thing!

I only had it when #4 and #5 were little and believe it should be on the top of the list for any first baby shower. (I would put 2 exclamation marks for those of you who have pets)

Anonymous said...

I will speak for Tiffany and say ultra-sounds. She must love them because she's had 8 with 1-2 more to come.
- Ryan

Anonymous said...

Actually I've had 11 so far! :) Tiffany

Laura said...

This isn't so much for babies as for toddlers. Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. Genius. Yes, I know it can burn your skin off. Just be careful. Oh, and right now we're loving the little trikes with the long handle for parents to help. When you have big brothers you HAVE to keep up.

Jillian Camwell said...

Can I say modern cloth diapers?? ;) They're almost as easy as disposables, and way more economical and eco-friendly! But there are times I do use Huggies, and I totally understand the poo aversion! :)

Rachel Bardwell said...

FYI: My runners up were the leave-in-car-snap-in infant car seat base, and also the temporal scan thermometer.

Meg said...

My favorite modern baby convenience is the lack of baby conveniences. How WONDERFUL it is when you can finally go some where without the- car seat, diapers, wipes, blanket, extra clothes and all the other junk you have to drag when your child is little and unpredictable. Of course I am the mom who's 14 month old son pooped through his pants in the Black White Market last month...

Samantha Behensky said...

I do love my modern cloth diapers. All the gals from my mom's generation are AMAZED at how much they've progressed and how nice and easy they are! No pins!
Can I also say the digital camera b/c I can take as many pics as I want, in hopes of getting a smile or a funny shot?

Chuck says, "I don't know". shock.

How to help Australia

We've been following the news of our beloved Australia.  Some of you have asked whether the area we were in has been affected by th...